People can perform more and more tasks remotely as technology advances. Regardless of the purpose to be achieved, efficient communication is crucial for many different categories of people.
When it comes to phone conversations, a need may arise where you need to talk to more than one person at the same time. Thankfully, it’s possible to make a conference call with several people on the same call. This is pretty easy, as long as you know how to set it up correctly. In this guide, we’ll go over how to make a conference call with an iPhone or Samsung cell phone.
What is a Conference Call?
Simply put, a conference call is a phone call with more than two participants at the same time. In essence, in conference calls, you can call someone on a modern smartphone and then add another person to the call. All the parties on the call are typically able to hear and communicate with one another.
Conference calls are an efficient and practical approach to staying in touch in several situations. For instance, you can make a conference call with a team while in your home or office, and it will allow several participants to join the same call at once.
Your carrier will determine how many people you can add to the conversation, however, you should be able to use your phone app to hold a conference call with up to five people. If you don’t already know how to, the instructions in the next section will teach you how to make a conference call on different kinds of smartphones.
How to Make a Conference Call with an iPhone
As long as your network provider allows it, an iPhone conference call can accommodate up to five participants. With just a few touches, it’s easy to set up a conference call.
You can make a conference call with an iPhone by following these instructions:
- Get the Phone app open.
- Dial the number of one of the persons you wish to add to the call.
- Wait until the call connects successfully. The Add Call button will become accessible once this happens. Inform the person already on the call that you will be adding a second caller.
- You can now add another caller from Favorites, Recents, Contacts, or the Keypad by tapping the Add Call button.
- The Merge Calls button will become accessible once the second call connects.
- To initiate the conference call, press this button. Now everyone on the call will be able to hear and communicate with one another.
- If you want to invite extra participants to the conference call, click the Add Call button once again.
- When the call is complete, just click the Hang Up button to disconnect from all other callers.
As you can see from the instructions, it’s pretty easy to make a conference call on an iPhone.
How to make a conference call on a Samsung cell phone
On a Samsung phone, the procedure to make a conference call is a bit different, but still simple regardless.
The maximum number of participants on a Samsung device is five (you and four others). If you don’t have time to search for a specific internet conferencing platform, simply open a Samsung native app and follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app from the home screen by tapping the Menu icon, then enter the first contact’s number.
- As soon as the active call is on hold, tap Add to place a second call.
- Choose a contact, type the first few letters of their name, and then press Phone.
- Tap Merge to combine two calls.
- Continue doing this until all the participants enter the call.
- Once you’re done, click the End Call icon to end the conversation.
There are some important things to take note of when trying to make a conference call on a Samsung cell phone:
- The Conference button could have the names “Conference” or “Conf” or perhaps just a three-figure icon.
- If you try to add a third party to the conference call but can’t get through to them, hang up first, then hit the Conference button to resume the prior chat.
- Press the Conference button, then dial the extension or external number to remove a participant from the conference call. Press the Conference once more to resume the discussion.
Also, keep in mind that the procedure for setting up a conference call can differ based on the specific Samsung model being used. We advise visiting Samsung’s official website for further details.
In summary, it’s really easy to make a conference call on an iPhone or Samsung cell phone. All you need to do is follow the instructions and tips we’ve included in this helpful guide.