Samsung is off to an early start in 2023 and quickly announced the Samsung Galaxy A14 5G at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2023 in early January. Samsung A14 5G is an entry-level Android smartphone that includes 5G connectivity on a budget.
Key specs of Samsung Galaxy A14 5G include One UI 5 Core based on Android 13, a 6.6-inch PLS LCD screen, a 50 MP main rear camera, a 13 MP selfie shooter, 5000 mAh battery and 15W fast charging. The phone is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G chipset.
Carrier Support for Samsung Galaxy A14 5G
Details of US carriers carrying the galaxy A14 5G are not available yet, but if past patterns are anything to go by, it will be available on all the big three carriers – Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T. Samsung is a popular smartphone brand in the US, only behind the iPhone in sales and market share. You can expect to find the Samsung Galaxy A14 5G on smaller MVNOs as well.
Samsung Galaxy A14 5G Specs
- Body: 167.7 x 78 x 9.1 mm, 202g; Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame.
- Display: 6.6″ PLS LCD, 90Hz, 1080x2408px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6833 Dimensity 700 (7 nm) : Octa-core; Mali GPU.
- Memory: 64GB ROM + 4GB RAM, 128GB + 4GB RAM, 128GB + 6GB RAM. microSDXC (dedicated slot) expandable memory slot
- OS/Software: Android 13, One UI 5 Core .
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50 MP; Macro: 2 MP; 2 MP depth sensor.
- Front camera: 13 MP (wide).
- Video capture: Rear camera: 1080p@30/30fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 15W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side); NFC; single speakers.
- Colors: Black, Light Green, Purple.
How much is Samsung Galaxy A14 in the US?
The Samsung Galaxy A14 sells for $199.99 unlocked in the United States. It is available directly from Samsung and also from different carriers. The configuration has 4 GB RAM and 64 GB built-in storage. While there are other configurations of 4/128 GB and 6/128 GB, there is no mention of those being available now or later. Keep your ears on the ground, though.
Also, while the phone is produced by Samsung in three colors, only the Black is mentioned in the official release for the US. So, if you were hoping to get your hands on the Light Green or Purple trims, you might be out of luck. Again, that might change in the future and m,ore color options be made available. If you are ready to purchase yours, head over to Samsung’s online store here, where you can buy it unlocked.