Renaming apps on Android allows you to change the default names of your apps to something more personalized and meaningful to you. It’s like giving your apps a unique identity that reflects your style and preferences. Learn how to rename apps on Android if you want to organize your apps in a specific way or simply add a touch of creativity.
Renaming apps can make your phone feel truly yours, that’s why it’s great that all the tips you’ll need are included in this guide. Whether you want to express your style, stay organized, or maintain privacy, customizing app names is a fun and useful feature. Let’s dive in and make your app collection uniquely yours.
Table of Contents
How to Rename Apps on Android
Do you know how sometimes you want to give your apps a personal touch and make them reflect your style? Well, renaming apps on Android allows you to do just that. By following a few simple steps, you can customize the names of your favorite apps and make your phone truly unique.
Renaming apps on Android is not only a fun way to personalize your device, but it also helps you stay organized and quickly find the apps you need. By changing the names of your apps, you can also hide certain apps discreetly, giving them names that won’t draw the attention of anyone looking through your phone. This can be helpful if you want to maintain privacy or keep certain apps hidden from prying eyes.
Now that you understand the importance and benefits of renaming apps on Android, here’s how to do it step by step.
Using Built-In Features on Android
This method can be used on specific smartphones, depending on the device’s software. To change the name of an app on an Android phone, you can use a built-in feature within the device’s software. Here’s how to rename an app using the built-in feature on Android; follow these steps:
- Long-press the app icon you want to rename on your home screen or app drawer.
- Tap on the “Edit” option or the pencil icon that appears.
- Enter the new name for the app using the on-screen keyboard.
- Tap “OK” or “Save” to apply the new name.
- The app should now have a new name on your home screen and app drawer.
Please note that the availability of this feature may vary depending on your device’s software.
Using a Custom Launcher
Another way to rename your app on Android is to use a custom launcher app, such as Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher, which allows you to change the names of your apps directly from the home screen settings. Here’s how to use Nova Launcher to rename an app on Android:
- Download and install Nova Launcher from the Google Play Store.
- Set Nova Launcher as your default launcher by going to your device’s Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Home App > Select Nova Launcher.
- Go to your device’s home screen and long-press on the app you want to rename.
- Tap on the “Edit” option that appears on the pop-up menu.
- In the “Edit” menu, you’ll see the current name of the app.
- Tap on the app’s name and enter the new name you want to give it.
- Once you’ve entered the new name, tap “OK” or “Save” to apply the changes.
- The app will now be renamed on your home screen and in the app drawer.
That’s it. You’ve successfully renamed the app using Nova Launcher. But make sure to keep the Nova Launcher app installed even after renaming your apps. If you uninstall it, the changes you made will be undone, and your apps will go back to their original names.
To sum up, renaming apps on Android is a simple process that can be done using the built-in features of the device’s software or through custom launchers like Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher. By following the step-by-step instructions provided, you can easily personalize your app names to suit your preferences.
So go ahead and give it a try to make your Android experience even more customized and enjoyable. Make sure to check out this category if you’d like more useful tips to navigate your smartphone use.