If you are looking for how to automate tasks on iPhone, have no fear. Apple has a feature built into iOS to help you automate on iPhones. This feature is called Shortcuts. To understand how it works, here is a quick introduction.
A shortcut is like a fast way to do things with your apps. The Shortcuts app helps you make your own shortcuts with many steps. For example, you can create a shortcut that will enable Low Power Mode if the iPhone’s battery drops below 40% and switch to Ultra Low Power Mode when it drops below 20%.
An automation is a type of shortcut that’s activated by an event, rather than manually. For example, you can create a shortcut that will enable Low Power Mode if the iPhone’s battery drops below 40% and switch to Ultra Low Power Mode when it drops below 20%.
Table of Contents
How to create shortcuts on iPhone: Step-by-step guide
You can automate tasks on your iPhone using the Shortcuts app, which is built into iOS. Here’s how to create a shortcut to automate on iPhone:
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Tap the “+” icon to create a new shortcut.
- Tap “Add Action” to select the first action in your shortcut. You can choose from a variety of actions, including opening an app, sending a message, or playing music.
- Once you’ve added the first action, tap the “+” icon again to add another action. You can continue adding actions until your shortcut performs the task you want it to.
- Once you’ve finished adding actions, tap “Next” to give your shortcut a name and icon.
- Tap “Done” to save your shortcut.
- To run your shortcut, simply tap it in the Shortcuts app or add it to your home screen or Today View for quick access.
How to automate on iPhone using shortcuts
You can set up automations in the Shortcuts app to run your shortcuts automatically based on certain triggers, such as arriving at a location or connecting to Wi-Fi. To set up an automation, tap the “Automation” tab in the Shortcuts app and follow the prompts to create a new automation.
You can download automated shortcuts on iPhone
if you find the process of creating automations on iPhone tedious, you can find free shortcuts and automations to download and use. Before you proceed, you do need to enable the ability to ‘Allow Untrusted Shortcuts’.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and select Shortcuts.
- Tap the toggle next to Allow Untrusted Shortcuts.
- That’s it!
Once you have done this, your iPhone is now ready to download and install Shortcuts from other sources.